miércoles, 4 de enero de 2023

BACK TO RUNNING: FOLLOWING THE KENYAN AND ETHIOPIAN TRAINING METHOD

 

January 4, 2023

Lately, I’ve been lingering over why I got injured at all, and I think it was because of the technique. The other day, I came across some videos of Ethiopian and Kenyan elite distance runners’ training sessions; If they have been proven to be the best throughout the globe, they might be well worth giving a try…. Besides, not only are they challenging, but also quite fun, … encouraging… something that gets you going!

Needless to say, there is a lot of work to do: core, cross-training, walking ad running…diet, and change of habits (working on it!). There must be a fixed objective down the line (a race) to implement all these methods into the usual training routine…

I have found some sessions to follow, which I will use in my practice from now on. Eventually, I will try to make my point that, although I don’t count on the same physiological abilities and conditions, those techniques will contribute to changing the current methods, combined with a personalized distance routine.

The factors to improve are: endurance, flexibility, weight loss and speed. So far…

week 1

4/1 6 miles, at 23 av. optimal 3.24 – core workout + Kenyan AND Ethiopia race technique and flexibility exercises

starting weight: 185 lbs

 

We'll see how it goes... Bye for now


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario